Accordingly, Ha Noi will actively exploit the opportunities and advantages of international economic integration to expand export markets; focus on exploiting market opportunities, especially from free trade agreement (FTA) which Viet Nam has joined so as to create favorable conditions for enterprises as well as help local commodities to improve competitiveness and penetrate better markets; bring into full play its potentials, advantages, power to draw the participation of economic sectors; concentrate on developing production and exporting environmentally friendly commodities with high value.
Additionally, the capital city will improve the quality of export growth, promote the development of commodities, new export items, especially high-tech items, encourage product development through processing; harmonically combining export growth with socio-economic development goals toward sustainability, contributing to consolidating secret, politics of the Capital in particular and the country in general.
Ha Noi sets out key targets of economic development and export in the 2016-2020 period, including: the average GRDP growth for the 2016 - 2020 period will reach between 8.5-9 percent, in which, the service sector will be from 7.8-8.3 percent, construction - industry from 10-10.5 percent, agriculture from 3.5-40 percent; the average GRDP per capita will reach from VND 140-145 million (about US$ 6,700 – 6,800) by 2020; the social investment capital for the 2016 - 2020 period will be around 2.5-2.6 quadrillion; the proportion of social investment in GRDP will fetch from 60-62 percent; the average growth of good export for the 2016-2020 period will be from 13-14 percent per year, etc.
Regarding orientation of products, key export sector up to 2020 with a vision to 2025, Ha Noi strives to fulfill key following targets:
- Restructuring export toward improving the added value of processed commodities, products with high technological content; increasing the proportion of industrial products, such as components and peripherals, electronics, telecommunications, building materials and furniture;
- Attracting investment in producing and processing products for export, manufacturing and supporting industry to raise added values of commodities; maintaining the growth of products with high value, stable export markets, large proportion of turnover;
- Identifying development of exported products in line with trends of the world market and advantages of the capital city for the 2016-2025 period;
- Focusing on developing new industrial products with high values and technological content on basis of attracting domestic and international investments in export-oriented industry for the 2021-2025 period; promoting the value chain from production – processing – consumption;
- Restructuring processed products toward improving the proportion of value-added products, quality and food safety, but reducing the cost of products on basis of strengthening application of scientific and technological solutions;
- Setting up preferential policies to boost development of export forms for products of traditional craft villages, such as bamboo and rattan, ceramics, garment, embroidery, etc.