Various measures for promoting growth of total retail sales of goods and services in the last months of 2018 (17:57 08/07/2018)
Accordingly, the Department of Industry and Trade is assigned to implement following key tasks:
- Taking prime responsibility and coordinating with Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, Finance to monitor supply and demand, market prices of essential goods, agricultural products so as to advise the Municipal People’s Committee to stabilize the market in the area.
- Taking prime responsibility and working with the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Centre to organize a series of activities to promote connection between producing, processing and trade units with farming households, and offer specific measures to develop chain models to stabilize the market.
- Requesting the Sub-Department of Market Management to enhance control of quality and price of goods, vital products to serve people’s lives and healthcare; regularly check and handle cases of trade fraud, smuggling, counterfeit goods, imitation goods, substandard goods, etc.
- Cooperating with departments, sectors, People’s Committees of districts, towns to grasp difficulties, problems of enterprises and business households and give recommendation on measures to support businesses for their development to the Municipal People’s Committee as stipulated by law.
- Taking prime responsibility and cooperating with the Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Centre to make plans on organizing a conference on connecting the supply and demand between Ha Noi and provinces, cities, trade fairs of handicraft and gift, Vietnamese goods fairs, etc so as to assist local enterprises in seeking commodities and connecting distribution systems; create favorable conditions for businesses to carry out promotion and discount programs to promote consumption.
Meanwhile, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is tasked to review structure and development of livestock, crop as planned to ensure supply resources to meet demands; strengthen planning of agricultural production areas and support for consumption of safe agricultural products; work with the Department of Industry and Trade to recommend the Municipal People’s Committee to establish an information center and online trading platform of agricultural products to assist farmers, enterprises to develop their consumption.
In addition, the Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Centre is in charge of making a plan and coordinating with departments, sectors, units to effectively implement programs on promotion month, Vietnamese Regional Specialties Fair 2018; creating favorable conditions for enterprises to participate in trade promotion programs, fairs, exhibitions of Vietnamese goods in provinces, cities throughout the country to promote their production, trade and expand the market, stimulate people’s procurement.
Similarly, People’s Committees of districts, towns will coordinate with Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development; Industry and Trade to review agricultural structure and development as planned; give guidance and encourage farming households, facilities to apply scientific and technological advances in their production; select key agricultural products to build trademarks; review plans and give instruction to enterprises, households to develop their production, development as stipulated by law.