The Ha Noi People’s Committee requests Department of Transport in cooperation with Police Department, People’s Committee of districts and towns and related agenciesto take following actions:
- Take measures and implement key tasks according to actual traffic conditions, instruction of Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh and city’s announcement; realize major tasks of 2019; reduce the number of traffic accidents, deaths and injuries;
- Increase instruction, request authorities to conduct inspection and severely punish violation of traffic safety according to the law; submit regular reports to the National Traffic Safety Committee, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Public Security and Municipal People’s Committee according to regulation; report the problems beyond their authority to the Ha Noi People’s Committee, Ministry of Transport and Ministry of Public Security;
- Establish inter-disciplinary inspection teams to inspect transport service businesses, focusing on their compliance with traffic safety laws; check all businesses whose vehicles caused traffic accidents in 2018, and finish the examination within the first quarter of 2019; make detailed plan of health check-up for all drivers of transport service businesses whose business registration certificate are issued by the Department of Transport, and complete the task within the second quarter of 2019;
- Urge the Transport Inspectorate, Transport Police and authorities to mobilize forces and supplies for patrol and inspection until February 10, 2019; increase inspection, and severely punish violations of pavement management and traffic safety corridors to ensure traffic safety at the places prone to traffic accidents;
- Severely punish legal violations of traffic safety laws, particularly transport of dangerous, explosive materials and dangerous behaviors, such as oversized, overloaded truck and driving without helmets; build plan of preventing, controlling illegal racing, regularly patrol,and tighten control to promptly prevent and control illegal racing; increase management of parking, strengthen supervision and inspection of drivers’ capacity, behavior and health, especially drivers of big vehicles like large trucks, longer heavier vehicles and container trucks, and take comprehensive measures to severely punish violations of drivers, truck owners and goods owners;
- Increase inspection and tighten control of waterway and railway traffic safety; urge localities to mobilize human resources for supervision at level crossings, and guide them how to arrange. Ha Noi Traffic Safety Committee shall submit a report to the National Traffic Safety Committee, so that the latter will sum up information and report to the Prime Minister by February 10;
- Cooperate with Ha Noi Police, People’s Committees of districts and towns, Ha Noi Transport Corporation and transport service businesses; urge all bus stations, parking lots, owners of manufacturing and trading facilities to strictly follow instruction of the inspection teams;
- Increase inspection, urge units to realize instruction of the Prime Minister, National Traffic Safety Committee, Ministry of Transport and Municipal People’s Committee according to regulation; report the issues beyond their authority to the Ha Noi People’s Committee and Ministry of Transport.
The Department of Home Affairs, People’s Committees of districts and towns shall conduct inspection and examination according to regulation, and severely punish violations of the authorities when they conduct inspection and examination.
Related agencies and People’s Committees of districts and towns shall proactively take measures, ensure traffic safety and order, reduce traffic jams and accidents, increase instruction, urge them to conduct inspection and severely punish violations according to legal regulations.