The Ha Noi People’s Committee received document of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on forest fire prevention and control in the dry season of 2018-2019. Accordingly, it focuses on following issues:
- Requesting Party units and local governments as well as forestry agencies to closely cooperate with local communications agencies to conduct popularization and education of law, thus improving people’s awareness and sense of responsibility in forest fire prevention and control;
- Increasing examination and checking forest fire prevention and control plans at all levels, including following points: preparing forces and equipment according to the Four On-site motto according to conditions of each area prone to fire; proactively control the situation, timely respond in case of forest fire to prevent serious fire;
- Requesting inter-disciplinary forces (rangers, police, army and other officers) to realize cooperation regulation of forest protection, forest fire prevention and control; preparing plan to mobilize forces and equipment for cooperation of the forces for quick response to forest fire;
- Conducting examination and supervise, urging more effort for forest fire prevention and control in the peak season when forest is at high fire risk; mobilizing staff to supervise the situation 24/7 and at key places prone to forest fire; closely controlling slash-and-burn cultivation and tourists’ use of fire, thus preventing the risk of forest fire;
- Severely punishing organizations and individuals that violate the law of forest fire prevention and control; clarifying responsibility of individual, organization, leader of the organization and forest owner that fail to protect the forest, to prevent forest fire or to take timely action to stop the fire.
In response to the letter, the Municipal People’s Committee asks Department of Agricultural and Rural Development in cooperation with Command of the Capital and related agencies to study the task and make a report by November 25.