According to request of the Ha Noi People’s Committee, the People’s Committees of districts, suburban districts and towns shall perform following tasks:
- Reviewing, assessing the current facilities of each market in the areas according to result of inspection on state management for markets and wholesale markets at level 1 in the area; building plan, and allocating budget for renovating, improving degraded works, especially the fire fighting and prevention system; giving instruction, conducting inspection, and urging market management units to arrange commodities according to the approved plan, rectifying improper display of goods which encroach upon common paths and roads; promptly building and reviewing plan on commodities arrangement, and submitting it to the Ha Noi Department of Industry and Trade to ask for approval according to the regulation.
The People’s Committees of Bac Tu Liem district, Gia Lam and Thuong Tin suburban districts shall take following actions:
- Giving instruction to build price options for Minh Khai, Nanh and Voi wholesale markets after renovation, and price options for Ha Vi poultry market, and submit them to the competent authorities to ask for approval according to the regulation;
- Giving instruction, conducting examination, and asking market management units to enhance information work and popularization, help business households in confirming or signing the food safety commitment according to the regulation; increasing effort for environmental sanitation; coordinating with authorities to control origin and quality of goods in the markets; directing the authorities to resolutely eliminate roadside markets, arrange suitable parking areas to maintain urban civilization and create favorable conditions for business households and trading activities in the market;
- Strengthening inspection and increasing fire safety in all markets in Ha Noi, for example rectifying problems in terms of arrangement of commodities, display of goods, encroachment upon pavements and shared paths, burning incense and paper offerings, using electric equipment prone to fire and explosion in the markets; inspecting all fire prevention and fighting devices, supplementing them or solving problems immediately according to request of the fire prevention and fighting police;
- Coordinating with fire prevention and fighting police to conduct popularization regularly, raise awareness of fire prevention and fighting, and organize training for the market managers and staff as well as business households; giving instruction to make supervision schedule and strictly follow it to proactively respond to incidents; making the list of markets which face high risk of fire and explosion; requesting market managing and exploiting units to renovate the markets and overcome fire safety problems according to request of the fire prevention and fighting police; allocating funds for market renovation and maintenance, if the markets are renovated and maintained with the state budget. If the local government is unable to provide sufficient budget in especially serious case, it shall submit written proposal to the Department of Industry and Trade; the latter will sum up information and report to the Municipal People’s Committee.
For their parts, the Ha Noi Authority of Plan and Investment, the Department of Finance, the Department of Home Affairs, the Department of Planning of Architecture, the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Police Department of Fire Fighting and Prevention, and People’s Committees of districts, suburban districts and towns shall review and evaluate implementation of the instructions given by the Municipal People’s Council and the People’s Committee on solving the problems and increasing management of the markets in all fields, including planning, network arrangement, investment and renovation, decentralization of management, environmental sanitation, food safety, fire and explosion prevention and fighting, classification of the markets, prices, rules and arrangement of commodities.
The departments and local People’s Committees shall also suggest drastic measures to enhance implementation of the tasks which have been delayed or slowed down, and report to the Ha Noi People’s Committee by August 15.
The Ha Noi Police Department of Fire Fighting and Prevention shall coordinate with People’s Committees of districts, suburban districts and towns to provide guidances, conduct inspections, and apply strict punishment for the markets which fail to meet fire prevention and prevention requirements according to regulations.
The municipal Department of Industry and Trade shall conduct inspections, and urge city’s departments, People’s Committees of districts, suburban districts and towns to perform aforementioned tasks, sum up information and report to the Ha Noi People’s Committee within August of 2018.