Accordingly, for the second half of 2018, the Department of Tourism aims to perform following key tasks:
- Implementing Law on Tourism 2017 and putting it into practice efficiently; taking responsibility, and urging more effort for realizing targets and missions given under Resolution No. 06/NQ-TU and Plan No. 207/KH-UBND, especially the missions thatDepartment of Tourism encounters problems during implementation process; increasing leadership, urging more effort, suggesting measures to the city to solve the problems timely;
- Continuing cooperation with the Ha Noi Authority of Plan and Investment and the Department of Planning and Architecture to make list of projects on building accommodation establishments and tourist attractions and projects on developing tourism products, which have already received approval for investment in principle and investment registration certificate; summing up information of implementation progress, difficulties and problems, and suggesting measures to speed up implementation progress of the projects;
- Realizing the plan on conducting surveys of tourists to Ha Noi, thus finalize how to measure and assess impact of the tourism industry to the city’s economy; inspecting, assessing current status of the human resources of Ha Noi, as well as development of tourist accommodation establishments, and forecasting room demand in Ha Noi to 2030;
- Building specific plan on improving quality of travel destinations in the city; paying attention to reviewing, assessing the situation, making statistics, and classifying the travel destinations in Ha Noi in order to select the key places which attract a large number of visitors; asking managing agencies and units to assess tourist attractions, consider conditions, standards and recognize the tourist attractions annually, thus giving measures to improve quality of the sites;
- Increasing effort for information work and promotion, broadcasting the image of Ha Noi in different manners: completing program on strategic cooperation with CNN in 2018, and suggesting cooperative program for the period of 2019 to 2021; attending events and travel fairs in Viet Nam and abroad;
- Cooperating with the Ha Noi Promotion Center to organize the 16th annual meeting of Council for Promoting Tourism in Asia (CPTA); cooperating with the Department of Information and Communications and related units to build project on smart tourism, and submit it to the Municipal People’s Committee; cooperating with the Authority of Plan and Investment, Department of Planning and Architecture to assess the accommodation establishments, suggesting allocation of land fund in proper places to make lists of projects calling for investment to build luxury hotels in Ha Noi to 2020, submit it to the Municipal People’s Committee, and publicize it on mass media to call for investment.