The meeting is part of preparation process of Hanoi’s education system before the possible students return to school under the instruction of the Ministry of Training and Education and Hanoi People’s Committee.
Previously, Hanoi’s authority allowed school break for four weeks from February 3 - March 1 to prevent the spread of Covid-19 epidemic.
Following the report of the municipal Department of Education and Training, schools have frequently contacted parents to update information regarding health status of students.
Moreover, they also requested each family to protect their children for any possible infection and injury during the school break, while remaining calm and strictly following anti-virus measures recommended by the Ministry of Health.
Every Saturday and Sunday, 100% schools in collaboration with medical agencies carry out sterilization of the campuses, totaling four times with the first lasting one day on February 2; the second in February 8 and 9; the third in February 15 and 16; the fourth in February 22 and 23.
Schools are expected to continue sterilization process for the fifth time in February 29 and March 1.
In Thach That district, Chairman of Thach That People’s Committee Nguyen Van Hong said the school strictly followed request of the authority in disinfecting classrooms and the school, adding it would not receive students back if the environment is not safe.
Meanwhile, the Department also set up three working groups to check on the sterilization process at schools. The working groups have conducted irregular inspections at districts of Thanh Xuan, Hoang Mai, Ha Dong, Bac Tu Liem, Hoan Kiem, Thach That, Gia Lam, Chuong My, Thanh Oai, Dong Anh, among others.
The working groups, however, urged schools to prepare necessary equipment and sanitizers for daily uses.
The municipal Department of Education and Training also cooperated with the Department of Health, and Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs in providing instruction of anti-virus measures for vocational training and educational facilities.
Moreover, the Department also cooperated with related agencies to conduct a survey on the number of teachers, students and staffs going to and from virus-hit areas, including China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Italy and Southeast Asian countries after February 10.
The data revealed to date, there were two teachers, 67 children and students traveling through China; 7 Chinese teachers and students in Vietnamese schools; while there have been no cases of Covid-19 infection in the education system in Hanoi.
Head of Son Tay Department of Education and Training Nguyen The Dai said there was one individual coming back from Wuhan, who has been put in close monitoring. As of present, there are no cases of infection in the area.
Director Dung said the education system has been active in preventing the spread of Covid-19.
Dung said while students are allowed to stay at home and schools have been providing online courses for their students.
Dung requested schools to strictly follow the conclusion of Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung in allowing students to come back to school on March 2, while schools have to set up specific plans to receive students.