According to the dispatch, Vietnam has put the COVID-19 pandemic under control, however, the country remains at high risk of potential resurgence of coronavirus due to the complicated situation of the disease in Southeast Asian countries, especially in the Laos and Cambodia, countries sharing borders with Vietnam.
Additionally, a number of ministries and localities have showed signs of neglect. Precaution measures have not always been duly enforced.
In order to maintain the success in realizing the twin goals of fighting the pandemic and ensuring socio-economic development, the Secretariat asked all-level Party Committees, authorities, the Vietnam Fatherland Front’s chapters and mass organizations to seriously implement the preventive measures, focusing on the following tasks:
1. Ministries, agencies and local authorities at all levels will disseminate and strictly follow instructions of the Secretariat, the Prime Minister, the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 prevention and control and guidelines of the Ministry of Health, while staying vigilant against the pandemic in parallel with preparing for the upcoming elections of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People’s Councils at all levels for the tenure of 2021-2026.
Heads of Party Committees at all level shall direct pandemic prevention work in localities and take responsibility to the Politburo and the Secretariat.
2. The Government, Ministry of National Defense, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Health, People’s Committees of border provinces and relevant agencies shall strengthen supervision, tighten the control of border gates to prevent illegal entry, and strictly handle illegal immigration.
3. People will seriously comply with the Health Ministry’s 5K message, especially mask wearing in public areas. Competent authorities shall have to strictly fine organizations and individuals that violate related laws, and set up scenarios to timely respond to the different developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, the task forces will abide by the regulations on COVID-19 safety protocols, regularly self-assess pandemic prevention and control requirements and measures and update self-assessment results on the anti-pandemic map system.
4. The health sector will urgently carry out the COVID-19 vaccination campaign in a safe and transparent way in accordance with the Government’s Resolution No. 21/NQ-CP dated February 26, 2021 on purchase and use of COVID-19 vaccines in 2021.
5. The Party Central Committee’s Education and Communications Commission will focus on guiding press agencies to provide accurate and timely information on the pandemic evolution, and increase communication activities on the Health Ministry’s 5K message, COVID-19 vaccination, and preventive measures in accordance with current regulations.
6. The Party Central Committee’s Mass Mobilization Commission, the Vietnam Fatherland Front and mass organizations are responsible for raising public awareness on COVID-19 preventive measures, and promote the responsibility of each person in protecting and improving public health.
The Office of the Party Central Committee will assume the prime responsibility and cooperate with relevant agencies to monitor the observation of pandemic prevention and control regulations and report the results to the Secretariat.