According to a report presented by Deputy Director of the Department of Health Hoang Duc Hanh at the meeting, Hanoi has gone through 17 straight days with no locally transmitted COVID-19 cases. Thirty five cases have been detected in the city since the latest COVID-19 wave hit the country on January 27.
So far, the task forces have identified a total of 1,140 cases in close contact with conoravirus infections (F1). All were tested for the virus, of these, 30 obtained positive results. Three F1 cases linking to new COVID-19 cases in the northern province of Hai Duong are currently isolated in concentrated quarantine camps.
At the meeting, leaders of district-level authorities said that the localities continue to strictly enforce COVID-19 prevention and control regulations as instructed by the municipal authorities.
Particularly, the local governments have traced people returning from COVID-19-hit areas, while closely monitoring all F1s after finishing their quarantine period, and maintaining operation of inspection teams to supervise enforcement of anti-pandemic measures in localities.
In addition to using QR code for online health declarations, the district authorities have enhanced inspection and imposed harsh punishments for violations of COVID-19 prevention regulations.
For example, the authority of Ba Dinh district has fined 29 cases without masking up in public, and 11 others violating social distancing rules.
The district leaders proposed the municipal authorities to direct the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines for localities, and give detailed instructions on storage of the vaccines.
Speaking at the meeting, Deputy Director of the Department of Culture and Sports Tran Thi Van Anh said that over the past time, the districts has temporarily closed relic sites as guided by the municipal People’s Committee so as to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
She proposed the city to re-open religious establishments, relic sites and tourist attractions in the city on March 8.
Concluding the meeting, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Chu Xuan Dung said that Hanoi has basically controlled the pandemic to date.
However, the capital city remains at high risk of COVID-19 infections as the global disease situation is still complicated, he noted, requesting the local authorities to continue strictly carrying out pandemic prevention measures set out by the Government, the municipal Party Committee and the municipal People’s Committee.
He assigned relevant agencies to enhance communications work to raise public awareness of the prevention measures, particularly the Ministry of Health’s message featuring 5K (in Vietnamese): khau trang (face mask), khu khuan (disinfection), khoang cach (distance), khong tu tap (no gathering) and khai bao y te (health declaration).
Regarding the re-opening of religious facilities, Dung suggested that religious and cultural activities should be downsized in their scale, and be organized online to prevent the spread of the disease.
Relic sites and tourist attractions in Hanoi may re-open on March 8 ensuring preventive measures, he stressed.