In order to reduce the number of traffic accidents, deaths and injuries by 5% to 10% and handle traffic jams, the ministries, sectors and localities are urged to take following actions:
- Speed up progress of investment and construction of urban railway lines and high-volume public transport according to transport development planning in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City, hence guaranteeing convenience for the people in conformity with investment and development of large urban areas, commercial centers and residential areas; improve capacity and quality of bus services in urban areas; organize inter-provincial bus lines with stable routes and frequency, hence encouraging more passengers to use public transport services and reduce individual vehicles;
- Increase application of technologies; develop smart traffic, rapidly research and make investment projects on smart urban traffic operation and management centers in cities under the Central Government, which aims to supervise and operate transport and public transport, provide guidance to the people and handle violations; consider further application in other localities;
- Review, amend and supplement legal documents on urban order and traffic safety; study and issue regulations on stipulating responsibilities of people who enforce the law in guaranteeing traffic safety and order;
- Speed up progress of projects using central and local Funds for Road Maintenance to handle accident blackspots; use the Fund for Road Maintenance to arrange deceleration lanes and danger signs at the level crossings without guard or automatic barrier and the paths full of motor vehicles;
- Review and supplement content of training and driving test for trucks for business purpose; increase inspection and examination of implementation of laws on driving training and test; tighten control over implementation of legal regulations on technical safety and environment protection for trucks; conduct general survey on inland watercraft nationwide; continue patrol and control, especially mobile patrol and patrol conducted by traffic police in cooperation with other forces; specify responsibility of leaders of units in each locality;
- Increase popularization and education of law on traffic safety and order for all people, in particular building traffic culture among the youth;
- Make and implement plan on urban traffic; manage and use pavements properly with priority given to walkers; prepare and implement project on limiting the use of private vehicles; improve capacity and quality of public transport; launch peak campaigns to popularize and enhance land clearance in safety corridors of roadway and railway.
The Deputy Prime Minister also asks ministries, sectors, unions and member agencies of the National Traffic Safety Committee, political and social organizations, mass media of the Central and localities to promote popularization of legal regulations on traffic safety and order, hence increasing people’s sense of law compliance. Special attention is paid to popularization at grass roots, wards, communes, townships and residential groups.