|Procedure ||Issuing temporary residence card to foreigners in Viet Nam (Administrative procedure at level 2) |
|Process || |
- Step 1: The applicant prepares the dossier stipulated by the law.
- Step 2: Sponsoring institutions, organizations, individuals and foreigners applying for temporary residence in Viet Nam submit dossier at the Immigration Management Division of the Ha Noi Municipal Police Department.
* Officers of Immigration Management Division receive the dossier and check the validity and completion of the dossiers.
If the dossier is complete and valid, officers enter data into computer, and print two receipts with an appointment of the time and date, one given to the applicant and another attached to the dossier.
If the dossier remains incomplete and needs to be added, the officers shall guide the applicant to complete dossier according to the law.
* Time for receiving dossiers: Every morning from Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Step 3: The applicant pay fees and receives the temporary residence card at Immigration Management Division of the Ha Noi Municipal Police Department.
Time for handing over the result: Every morning from Monday to Friday (except holidays).
|Where to submit ||Submit directly at the Ha Noi Immigration Department: - Base 1: receiving the dossiers for permanent residence or temporary residence of the districts: Ba Dinh, Hoan Kiem, Dong Da, Hai Ba Trung, Tay Ho, Cau Giay, Hoang Mai, Long Bien, Nam Tu Liem, Bac Tu Liem, Gia Lam, Dong Anh, Soc Son, Me Linh. Address: No. 89 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi. Tel: 04.39396218 - Base 2: receiving the dossiers for permanent residence or temporary residence of the districts: Thanh Xuan, Thanh Tri, Ha Dong and remaining districts. Address: No. 2 Phung Hung Street, Ha Dong District, Ha Noi. Tel: 04.39397051 |
|Contents and number of the dossier || |
a) Content of the dossier:
- Passport with minimum 13 months validity (excepting Official Passport or Popular Official Passport which is exempt from visas under international treaties which Viet Nam has signed or acceded to)
- Valid visa and temporary residence certificate;
- Form N7A certified by the sponsoring institutions, organizations, individuals.
- Form N7B with 01 (one) new photo with size 3x4 cm, white background, directly facing, bare head, no colored glasses was sealed and another same photo.
b) Number of the dossier: 01 (one) set.
|Processing duration ||Within 05 (five) working days after receiving the complete and valid dossier. |
|Objects ||Individual |
|Competent agency ||Municipal Police Department |
|Outcome ||Temporary residence card |
|Fee ||The fee varies according to the length of time of temporary residence card. + One year duration of temporary residence card: US$80; + Duration from 1 to 2 years: US$100; + Duration from 2 to 3 years: US$120. |
|Form/Declaration || |
- Application for temporary residence card for foreigners (Form N7A)
- Information of foreign applying for issuance of temporary residence card (form N7B)
|Other requirements ||+ Having temporary residence duration in Viet Nam for 01 years or more; + Passport with minimum 13 months validity; + Documents proving the purpose of staying in Viet Nam; + For foreigners working in Viet Nam: having work permit if he/she has worked in Viet Nam for 03 (three) months or more (except the cases of exempting work permit); + For accompanying relatives: marriage registration, birth certificates of children. |
|Legal basis || |
+ Ordinance No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 dated April 28, 2000 on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Viet Nam;
+ Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP dated May 28 by the government detailing the implementation of the Ordinance on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Viet Nam;
+ Joint-Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA dated January 29, 2012 guiding the implementation of the Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP dated May 28 by the government detailing the implementation of the Ordinance on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Viet Nam;
+ Joint Circular No. 01/2012/TTLT-BCA-BNG dated January 3, 2012 by the Ministry of Public Security and Ministry of Foreign Affairs amending, supplementing some provisions of the Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG dated January 29, 2002 and Joint Circular No. 05/2009/TTLT/BCA-BNG dated May 12, 2009 on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Viet Nam;
+ Circular No. 66/2009/TT-BTC dated March 30, 2009 of the Ministry of Finance prescribing the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Viet Nam and Circular No. 190/2012/TT-BTC dated November 9, 2012 on supplement, amendment of some provisions of Circular No. 66/2009/TT-BTC dated March 30, 2009.