Contents of Administrative procedures - Department of Justice
|Procedure||Procedure for applying for re-issuance of original Birth Certificate involving foreign elements|
- Step 1: Citizen fills application form for re-issuance of original Birth Certificate, prepares dossier and submits it to Point of Single Contact (PSC or One-Stop-Shop) of the Hà Nội Department of Justice.
- Step 2: PSC receives and inspect the dossier. If the dossier is completed or valid, PSC receives it and releases receipt with appointment of result return. If the dossier is not completed or invalid, applicant shall be guided to finalize it. If the dossier is not within competence of the agency, applicant will be guided to competent authority according to the law.
- Step 3: PSC records in book, forwards the dossier to Section for Civil Status involving foreign elements for further process.
- Step 4: Section for Civil Status involving foreign elements receives and inspects the dossier, processes and returns result.
While processing, if it is required to supplement or verify the dossier, Section for Civil Status with foreign elements must inform PSC to inform the citizen.
- Step 5: PSC receives result, record it and gives it to the applicant.
|Where to submit||- Option 1: Applicant submits the dossier directly to PSC of the Hà Nội Department of Justice - Option 2: If applicant is not able to submit the dossier directly, the applicant can authorize another person to submit it. Note: Notarized/ Certified document of authorization according to the law is required. If authorized person is grandparent/ parent/ spouse/ sibling of authorizer, document of authorization can be replaced with other papers proving that relationship. - Option 3: Applicant can submit the dossier via postal service. Note: Documents in the dossier must be notarized according to the law. - Submitting at PSC of the Hà Nội Department of Justice Address: 1B Trần Phú Street, Hà Đông, Hà Nội Telephone: 0433546151 or 0433546163|
|Contents and number of the dossier|| |
Contents of dossier:
Documents to be submitted:
- Application form for original Birth Certificate re-issuance (set form);
- Copy of Birth Certificate (if any);
- Other necessary documents of applicant as basis to re-issue the original Birth Certificate (ID, Family Register, alternative papers, etc.).
(Applicant can submit certified copies or copies with originals for comparison)
- Copies of Family Register, ID or passport of applicant;
- Original Document of Authorization in case of authorization) or other papers proving the relationship in case of authorization for grandparent/ parent/ spouse/ sibling of authorizer.
Documents to be produced:
- ID/ Pasport of the applicant or authorized person in case of authorization;
- Family Register or Temporary Residence Register of the applicant.
Number of dossier: One set
|Objects||People who registered birth at the Hà Nội Department of Justice; - Oversea Vietnamese returning for permanent residence in Việt Nam, whose birth registration in foreign competent authority was recorded in birth registration book of the Hà Nội Department of Justice; - Vietnamese residing in foreign countries and foreigners whose birth registration was made in Hà Nội.|
|Competent agency||Department of Justice|
|Outcome||Original Birth Certificate (re-issued)|
|Fee||VND 10,000 Free of charge for Laotians migrating to Việt Nam, who were licensed to reside in Việt Nam before January 1, 2009 and wish to be naturalized as Vietnamese citizen.|
Application form for original Birth Certificate re-issuance(TP /HT – 2012 - TKCLBCGKS) (file attached or downloaded from : www.sotuphaphanoi.gov.vn)
|Other requirements|| |
Original Birth Certificate is only re-issued in case of loss, damage, or too much content amendment due to changing, correcting civil status, redefining ethnic group, redefining gender, supplementing or adjusting civil status, which must be written in the Birth Registration Book
|Legal basis|| |
- Decree 158/2005/ND-CP dated December 27, 2005 of the Government on civil status registration and management;
- Decree 06/2012/NĐ – CP ngày 02/02/2012 of the Government on amending, supplementing some of articles of Decrees on civil status, marriage and family and certification;
- Circular 01/2008/TT-BTP dated February 06, 2008 of the Ministry of Justice on detailed implementation of some of articles in Decree 158/2005/ND-CP;
- Circular 08a/2010/TT – BTP dated March 25, 2010 of the Ministry of Justice on issuing and guiding the recording, archiving and use of civil status books and forms;
- Circular 05/2012/TT – BTP dated May 23, 2012 of the Ministry of Justice on amending, supplementing some of articles of Circular 08a/2010/TT – BTP dated March 25, 2010 of the Ministry of Justice on issuing and guiding the recording, archiving and use of civil status books and forms;
- Decision 12/2009/QD-UBND dated January 09, 2009 of the Hà Nội People’s Committee on civil status fee in Hà Nội;
- Decision 88/2009/QD – UBND dated July 16, 2009 of the Hà Nội People’s Committee on supplementing subjects
- Procedure: Issuing certificates of vocational training registration to Vocational Training Centres...
- Procedure Reregistering the enterprise with foreign investment capital (established before July 01,...