|Procedure ||Issuing the certification of Vietnamese citizenship |
|Process || |
Step 1: A citizen fills in the Application Form for certification of Vietnamese citizenship, prepares dossier and submits it to the One Stop Shop Section for further consideration, or submits it via postal service.
Step 2: The One Stop Shop Section officials receive and check the dossier. If the dossier is complete and valid, One Stop Shop officials will accept it and give the applicant a receipt with an appointment of the time and date for return of the result.
If the dossier remains incomplete and needs to be added, the applicant shall be advised to add.
Step 3: The One Stop Shop Section hands the dossier over to competent authority for further consideration according to regulations, and returns result as stipulated.
|Where to submit ||Where to lodge The applicant for certification of Vietnamese citizenship submits dossier directly to the Ha Noi Department of Justice. If the applicant is minor, or the applicant lost/ has limited capacity for civil act, the dossier will be submitted directly by his/her father, mother or guardian to local Department of Justice in the area where the ward resides. Submission at One Stop Shop Section of the Ha Noi Department of Justice Address: 1B Tran Phu Street, Ha Dong District, Ha Noi Tel.: 0433546151/ or 0433546163 |
|Contents and number of the dossier || |
1. Application Form for certification of Vietnamese citizenship;
2. Copies of Identity Card, passport or legal alternative papers;
3 Papers as evidence for Vietnamese citizenship, including one of the papers stipulated in Article 11 of the Vietnamese Law on Citizenship:
- Birth Certificate; if there is no certification of Vietnamese citizenship in the Birth Certificate, the applicant must submit other papers as proof for Vietnamese citizenship of his/ her parents;
- Identity Card;
- Vietnamese passport;
- Decision on approval of naturalization of Vietnamese citizenship; Decision on approval of restoration of Vietnamese citizenship; Decision on recognition of the adoption of foreign child; Decision on approving foreigner to adopt Vietnamese child;
4. Confirmation of residence place issued by competent police department of commune/ ward/ town.
If the applicant has Identity Card or Residence Card, he/ she shall submit certified copies or copies attached with original papers for verification.
5. Curriculum vitae, and other papers stipulated in Clause 1, Article 10 of Inter-ministerial Circular 05/2010/TTLT/BTP-BNG-BCA in case of lacking aforementioned papers to prove nationality;
6. Three 3x4 photos
(Copies must be notarized, or copies must be submitted together with original papers for comparison and verification).
Number of dossier: one set
|Processing duration ||Timeline to process the procedure in competent authorities is 15 working days. 1. Timeline for the Department of Justice to send written request to the Ministry of Justice, asking Ministry of Justice to check cases available for renouncing citizenship and being stripped of citizenship: 05 days after receiving valid dossier; 2. Timeline for Ministry of Justice to check and send results: 10 days after receiving written request of the Department of Justice. |
|Objects ||Citizen living in Ha Noi who wish to certify his/ her Vietnamese citizenship |
|Competent agency ||Department of Justice |
|Outcome ||- Written confirmation on Vietnamese citizenship; - In case of rejection, the Ha Noi Department of Justice will provide written answer detailing the reasons for rejection. |
|Fee ||none |
|Form/Declaration || |
- Application Form for certification of Vietnamese citizenship (or English version)
(the attached samples, or downloaded from www.sotuphaphanoi.gov.vn )
|Other requirements ||If the applicant is minor, or the applicant lost/ has limited capacity for civil act, the dossier will be submitted by his/her father, mother or guardian. In case of submitting dossier via postal service, the applicant must show up at One Stop Shop Section of the Department of Justice to receive result of the administrative procedures. |
|Legal basis || |
- The Vietnamese Law on Citizenship in 2008;
- Government Decree 78/2009/ND-CP on detailing and guiding implementation of some articles of the Vietnamese Law on Citizenship in 2008;
- Ministry of Justice Circular 08/2010/TT-BTP on guiding forms for citizenship related issues and books of citizenship related issues;
- Inter-ministerial Circular 05/2010/TTLT/BTP-BNG-BCA on guiding implementation of Government Decree 78/2009/ND-CP dated September 22, 2009 on detailing and guiding implementation of some articles of the Vietnamese Law on Citizenship;
- Inter-ministerial Circular 05/2013/TTLT/BTP-BNG-BCA dated January 31, 2013 on amending, supplementing Article 13 of Inter-ministerial Circular 05/2010/TTLT/BTP-BNG-BCA dated March 1, 2010 of Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Security on guiding implementation of Government Decree 78/2009/ND-CP dated September 22, 2009 on detailing and guiding implementation of some articles of the Vietnamese Law on Citizenship.