Accordingly, the city sets following tasks by 2020:
- 100% of supermarkets, restaurants, shopping malls and modern distribution establishments are equipped to receive card payment or other noncash payment method, allowing buyers to pay without cash; 85% of power, water, telecommunication and communication service providers allow individuals and households to pay without cash; 60% of individuals and households use non-cash payment method in shopping and consumption;
- New and modern payment methods suitable for rural area, remote area are developed; people are encouraged to use the new payment services; the number of people having access to the payment services is increased; the rate of people aged 15 and over having bank accounts is raised by at least 70% by the end of 2020.
In order to meet the targets, Ha Noi will take measures as follows:
- Develop electric payment and retail payment services, particularly increase card payment, develop e-payment for e-commerce, and develop noncash payment in rural area;
- Enhance e-commerce in public services;
- Increase information work and popularization, guide consumers, and protect them ưhen they use noncash payment.
The Ha Noi People’s Committee assigns Ha Noi Branch of State Bank in cooperation with relevant departments and agencies to perform following tasks:
- Direct service suppliers and commercial banks to launch payment methods via bank transfer, create favorable conditions for customers when they use noncash payment method to pay for electricity and water bills, tuition fees, telecommunication and television charges; give direction and guidance, and urge commercial banks to strictly implement legal regulations and instruction of the Central and localities on payment and noncash payment; issue documents on stipulating payment, and increase measures to maintain safety and security in payment;
- Further invest in infrastructure, develop e-payment method like internet banking, online payment, mobile payment, non-contact mobile payment, Near-Field Communication (NFC) mobile payment, cloud-based payment, digital payment, and commerce on the basis of electronic devices;
- Proactively access customers, especially those in state agencies and their managers, thus enhancing noncash payment;
- Arranging the ATM system, and supervise the ATM to maintain the safety, quality and security;
- Take measures to ensure safety of the equipments and wireless network connections when opening ATM; take measures to prevent fake ATM, and guide customers how to detect them;
- Access for people in rural area, and pôpularize card services among them;
- Step by step develop modern payment services to pay bills of water, electricity, telephone, telecommunications, pensions, social benefits and other fees, such as tuition fees, agricultural taxes and irrigation fees;
- Increase training for staffs and officials, so that they are qualified and skilled, and capable of guiding customers how to use noncash payment services.
City’s agencies, departments, districts and towns take following actions:
- Popularize contents of the plan among subordinate units, staffs, enterprises and people in the area; have policy to create favorable conditions and encourage agencies, units, enterprises, retail shops and people to cooperate with commercial bank for enhancing the noncash payment;
- Pay public expenses, allowances, pensions and wages via bank transfer; encourage staffs and officials to use the noncash payment;
- Cooperate with commercial banks in the area to set up and use e-payment devices in agencies and units to collect fees for public services;
- Increase training for staffs in the field of information technology, so that they have easy access to the modern e-payment methods.