The planning focuses on 159 industrial clusters which covers around 3,204.31 hectares, details as following:
From now to 2020:
- Ha Noi will have 138 industrial clusters, covering an area of around 2,622.91 hectares;
- Maintain, amend, expand, complete and standardize 64 industrial clusters which covers total area of 1,598.1 hectares;
- Approve further operation of 22 current industrial clusters in the green belt (covering around 428.81 hectares), limit their development, and gradually implement the approved planning;
- Establish 52 industrial clusters selectively, which cover nearly 596 hectares.
For the period of 2021 to 2030:
- Extend five industrial clusters which are included in the planning for the 2017-2020 period (total area of around 45.5 hectares);
- Build 21 new industrial clusters, total area of around 536 hectares;
- Location of the industrial clusters:
For Northern area (Soc Son, Me Linh, Dong Anh, Long Bien and Gia Lam: districts): pay special attention to electronic industry, information technology, mechanics, automobile production, new material industry, pharmaceutical chemistry and cosmetics, textile and garment; promote regional connection and two economic corridors in association with economic corridor Con Minh - Ha Noi - Hai Phong
For Southern area (Thuong Tin and Phu Xuyen suburban districts): give priority to developing agricultural biotechnology (hi-tech agriculture), modern technology for agricultural products processing with input materials from the agricultural development area in provinces in the south of Ha Noi; develop supporting industries (textiles, footwear, mechanical engineering, electronic informatics, automobile manufacturing and assembly), develop the South-North economic corridor along National Road 1A;
For Western area (Hoa Lac, Xuan Mai and Mieu Mon area): pay special attention to several industries, such as biotechnology for agriculture, pharmaceutical chemistry and cosmetics, electronic technology, precision mechanics, new materials technology, nano-technology, new energy technologies, building materials and luxury furniture, in association with developing Northwest Economic Zone and the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
The planning of functional zones is implemented according to conditions of each industrial clusters, striving to save land fund, improve effectiveness of investment in infrastructure and reach current construction and design standards with following targets:
- Land for factories: 65 - 70%;
- Land for construction of technical works: 0.5% - 1%;
- Land for management and operation centers: 0.5% - 1%;
- Land for construction of traffic works: 10% -12%;
- Land for supporting services and trees: 18% -21%.
Total investment in infrastructure is estimated at VND 49,425 billion. Around VND 34,900 billion will be mobilized for the period from now to the end of 2020, and around VND 14,525 billion for the period of 2021 to 2030. Effort is increased to attract investment and improve investment efficiency, encourage corporations and enterprises capable of capitals, technology and brand to invest in infrastructure of industrial clusters in Ha Noi; mobilize investment from enterprises in Viet Nam and abroad as well as credit capitals; enhance investment in industrial clusters in one focal point, and call for participation of city’s agencies and departments.
Relevant city’s agencies and departments are responsible for closely cooperating with Department of Industry and Trade, People’s Committees of districts and People’s Committee of Son Tay town to implement the planning.