The plan has following purposes:
- Creating significant progress in production; raising people’s incomes; reducing poverty sustainably and increase proportion of service, tourism and industry sectors;
- Accelerating the progress of new-style rural area development, using land and labor resources efficiently; mobilizing sources for infrastructure, social and cultural development, preservation and promotion of cultural identity of ethnic minority groups;
- Consolidating national defense and security, ensuring social security and order; developing a strong and transparent political system;
- Ensuring facilities for planning on construction and production, demand for transport and socio-economic growth; promoting sustainable socio-economic development in association with social affairs and environment protection; improving people’s living conditions and tighten the gap between mountainous area and urban area;
- Improving capabilities of officials, in particular their knowledge and capabilities to manage and implement poverty reduction programs and policies; giving direction to support production, promotion of agriculture, forestry and fishery, plant protection services, veterinary and food safety.
Accordingly, Ha Noi sets following targets: annual economic growth increases over 10 percent; poverty rate in the 2016-2020 period reduces to below 1.8 percent by the end of 2020; at least 80 percent of schools meet national education standards; at least 85 percent of young people of school age have upper secondary level of education or equivalent; all communes reach national health standards; annual average birth rate is reduced from 0.01-0.02 percent; all households use clean water; 50 percent of laborers are trained; all roads connecting communes or villages are concreted; 60 percent of irrigation works and canals for agricultural production are consolidated; eight communes meet new-style rural area standard and four communes satisfy 15 to 18 criteria; all communes and villages have cultural houses; by the end of 2018, no village or commune is in especially difficult circumstances; over 50 percent of communal Party units and 60 percent of village Party units are recognized as strong and transparent.