Accordingly, the city approves following tasks for 2017: further improve investment and business environment; encourage startup, creative startup, enterprise development and boost growth; guarantee social security, social welfares, environment protection and improve people’s life; enhance development of culture, education and healthcare; increase management of planning, construction, urban, environment protection and new-style rural area construction; ensure national defense, social security and order; enhance foreign affairs and international integration; further improve and enhance implementation of laws; enhance administration reform and administrative discipline; conduct anti-corruption, thrift practice and wastefulness combat; realize the Year of Administrative Discipline campaign.
The city also stipulates following targets for 2017:
- GRDP increases 8.5% to 9%, and per capita GRDP reaches VND 86 to 88 million;
- Development capital increases 11% to 12%;
- Crude birth rate reduces 0.1% against last year; rate of women having third child reduces 0.1% against last year;
- Rate of malnourished children under 5 reduces 0.2% against the last year;
- 24 communes, wards and towns more meet national standards of healthcare; health insurance coverage is 82.8%;
- Poverty reduction reduces 0.6%;
- Unemployment rate in urban area is below 4%; 59.5% of employees are qualified;
- 80 public schools more meet national standards;
- 86.5% of households are recognized as Cultural Families; 60% of villages and hamlets are recognized as Cultural Villages/ Hamlets; 70.5% of residential areas are recognized as Cultural Residential Areas;
- 100% residents in urban areas and 40% residents in rural areas use clean water;
- 98% of waste in urban areas and 88% waste in rural areas are collected and transported in day;
- 100% new industrial clusters and 55% of running industrial clusters have wastewater treatment plants according to standard or National Technical Regulations;
- 22 communes more are recognized for meeting criteria of new-style rural areas.
To realize resolutions and conclusions of the Central, National Assembly, Government, Municipal Party Committee and People’s Council, the People’s Council issues the Action plan and requires more effort to implement it.