During the National Action Month of HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control program, Ha Noi aims to focus on action to reach the 90-90-90 target in 2020. Accordingly, the Steering Committee 138 of districts and towns, city’s authorities shall perform following tasks:
- Releasing written instruction, and guiding subordinate units how to launch activities during the Action Month in accordance with conditions, functions and missions of each unit and locality;
- Organizing meetings and establishing clubs of HIV-positive people, people prone to HIV infection; launching communications activities to popularize prevention of HIV infection, safe actions, early access to preventive measures, benefits of early HIV testing and counseling as well as early treatment; encouraging HIV-positive people to buy health insurance and use the health insurance in health examination and treatment, and take part in activities to reduce HIV-related stigma and discrimination;
- Organizing thematic workshops to share experience and popularize effective models, such as HIV testing in the community performed by community health officers; model of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, and model of reducing HIV-related stigma and discrimination; models and examples of HIV-positive people or people prone to HIV infection who proactively take part in the fight against HIV/AIDS, overcome difficulties, create jobs, generate income, and help the others;
- Organizing meetings in response to the National Action Month of HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control and the World AIDS Day in 15 districts and towns of Ha Noi, including Hoan Kiem, Dong Da, Hai Ba Trung, Bac Tu Liem, Dong Anh, Gia Lam, Hoai Duc, Chuong My, My Duc, Son Tay, Soc Son, Phuc Tho, Thach That, Thanh Oai, and Thuong Tin. The meetings shall be held in proper time for people’s convenience, such as at the weekend or on the World AIDS Day (December 1). Apart from meetings, other activities shall be organized, such as roadshow, cycling, running, exhibition, music performance, mobile communications or fund raising activities to support the people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Encouraging enterprises to take part in HIV/AIDS prevention and control activities and receive HIV-positive employees or people after drug rehabilitation;
- Launching programs to call on organizations, families and individuals to proactively take part in HIV/AIDS prevention and control activities, support fund raising events to help people living with HIV/AIDS and provide health insurance to HIV-positive people, and visit HIV-positive people as well as AIDS victims in the area.
The Steering Committees 138 at all levels shall assign their members and leaders of city’s authorities and unions to take part in supervision, and offer financial support for the localities and units that organize the meetings.
People’s Committees of the city’s districts, suburban districts and towns shall visit HIV-positive children and HIV-infected children as well as HIV/AIDS-positive people in difficult circumstances, increase leadership, guide communes, wards, and towns to organize meetings and activities as instructed.