City to implement project on communications for drugs prevention and control on mass media (09:44 22/06/2018)
Accordingly, in 2018, 75% of the communes, wards and towns will receive and realize documents guiding implementation of policies and laws, documents on communications for drug prevention and control; in 2020, all of the communes, wards and towns will receive and realize the documents. In 2020, at least 30% of the communes in critical areas will have specialized model for drug prevention and control, and 50% of the communes will have integrated model for drug prevention and control.
Information about drug prevention and control will be publicized regularly on newspapers of Ha Noi, and Central which signed cooperation program with Ha Noi.
In 2020, 70% of the people in critical areas will be able to access to information and have skills about drug prevention and control and skills, especially people at the ages with high risk of drug; all reporters of newspapers in Ha Noi dealing with law and social affairs will be qualified and skilled in popularizing drug prevention and control.
Furthermore, the plan focuses on following actions:
- Cooperating with the Ha Noi Party Committee’s Commission of Propaganda and Education to add the task of drug prevention and control into communications work at weekly press conferences of the Municipal Party Committee, meetings of press agency leaders, reporters of Ha Noi; conducting communications of drug prevention and control in each residential area, school, office, unit and enterprise; paying special attention to popularizing signs of violations and measures of the drug-related criminals and measures to prevent and fight drug-related crimes, thus increasing people’s vigilance and participation into drug prevention and fight;
- Giving orientation, providing information to newspapers which signed cooperation program with Ha Noi, and requesting the newspaper agencies of Ha Noi and information system at grassroots level to popularize law of drug prevention and control; building and launching specialized pages and column of drug prevention and control; using publications issued by the Ministry of Information and Communications effectively;
- Directing communications and internet service providers, organizations and individuals supplying online information service in Ha Noi to cooperate with relevant agencies and units to closely control and prevent the trading of drugs on internet and social network;
- Popularizing the risk, harms and consequences of drug addition to people’s health and life as well as socio-economic of the country, in particular for the people facing high risk, adolescents in residential areas, urban areas and schools;
- Providing information of care, treatment, rehabilitation and support for drug addicts and drug addicts after rehab in rehab centers and in the community; introducing measures and experiences as well as scientific advance of other countries in terms of drug prevention and control;
- Spreading messages and information about drug prevention and control on the internet according to guidance of the Ministry of Information and Communications, such as via portal, social networks of city’s departments, agencies, districts, towns, and via mobile phone, thus increasing effectiveness;
- Assigning the Department of Information and Communications to prepare plan to launch communications activities on mass media of Ha Noi; providing guidance, checking, assessing the communications activities on mass media, acting as advisor to the People’s Committee and submitting report.