Increasing prevention and control of school violence and legal infraction in educational establishments (21:34 08/08/2018)
In order to proactively prevent and control school violence and legal infraction in educational establishments, the Ha Noi People’s Committee requests city’s agencies, sectors, People’s Committees of districts, suburb districts and towns to perform following tasks:
- Strictly realizing decisions and plans of the People’s Committee on safe, healthy and friendly education environment, prevent and control school violence; it will create significant change in action and awareness of Party committees and governments at all levels, educational establishments, people and students to prevent, fight and criticize school violence and legal infraction;
- Paying attention to law popularization and education to prevent school violence and legal infraction; the popularization and education is conducted in practical ways in accordance with conditions of each locality, educational establishment and level, such as implementing popularization in association with child care, protection and education, programs on drug prevention and control and programs on anti-human trafficking;
- Giving warning to the people, especially students, through direct popularization like seminars, workshops and extra activities; it shall focus on current state of school violence and legal infraction, dangers, consequences, conditions and situations, as well as responsibilities to detect and report cases of students being abused or students facing the risk of being abused; providing them knowledge and skill to prevent and control school violence, legal violations as well as violations of the laws;
- Popularizing good people with good deeds, and further applying typical model of school violence prevention and control; reporting, criticizing negative phenomenon in terms of school violence and legal violation on websites, portals and mass media;
- Increasing leadership and instruction of Party committees and governments, as well as cooperation among city’s agencies, departments and sectors to realize the task of preventing, controlling school violence and law infractions, to manage and increase ethics and professional skills of the managers, teachers and staff of educational establishments.
The police officers at all levels shall proactively act as advisor, and closely cooperate with city’s agencies, departments, sectors, People’s Committees of districts, suburban districts and towns to enhance preventive measures, prevent and control school violence and law infractions, detect, handle and prevent disputes as well as conditions that might lead to school violence and legal infractions; increase effort to closely follow up with the situation, conduct administrative inspection to check safety and order of conditional trading and service establishments around educational establishments; severely punish violations in the field of traffic safety, urban order, and thoroughly handle encroachment upon roadsides and pavements which affect educational environment, security and order. Once law violation is detected, it must be investigated, concluded and handled severely according to the provisions of the law.
The educational establishments shall proactively coordinate with police officers to launch hot line to receive report of school violence and law infractions, and ensure that the report and feedback are received, verified efficiently and handled according to the law.
They also act as advisors to the People’s Committees of the same level to establish inspection missions and inter-disciplinary missions, and check implementation of regulation on safe, healthy and friendly educational environment, school violence and law infraction prevention and control, as well as regulation on fire safety in education establishments and independent classes.