Action Month for Drug Prevention and Control and peak campaign to fight drug-related crimes (09:09 17/06/2018)
Accordingly, the Municipal People’s Committee sets following targets:
- Detecting, and handling 220 cases of drug-related crimes, of which 120 cases related to illegal trading and transport of drugs; making statistics and categorizing all wanted criminals related to drugs, and having plan to arrest the criminals; striving to reduce the number of wanted criminals related to drugs by 10% during the Action Month for Drug Prevention and Control;
- Increasing effort to maintain stability in the complicated areas, and preventing establishment of new drug dens; applying the Decision on obligatory rehab treatment for 70 drug users; making dossiers to manage and educate 60 drug addicts in the communes, wards and towns according to Decree No. 111/2013/NĐ-CP dated September 30, 2013 of the Government.
In order to implement the plan, the Municipal People’s Committee will take following actions:
- Increasing and reforming popularization, enhancing information work, increasing the number and content of articles and newsletters to convey the message of drug prevention and control; the popularization will be conducted in various ways, especially via social network, and aim at specific target groups;
- Opening peak campaign to fight drug-related criminals in order to detect and control them, and timely handle places which are likely to become drug dens;
- Increasing efforts to eliminate gangs involving in drugs and production of synthetic drugs; detecting illegal transport of drugs by post, air, roadway or railway into Ha Noi or other places;
- Regularly checking, making list of remarkable criminals, drug dealers; actively and closely controlling drug addicts and drug users who show symptom of mental disorder, and ensure that all of them are closely supervised;
- Receiving, processing reports of crimes; closely cooperating with internal affair sectors to increase investigation, prosecution and judgment of drug crimes;
- Enhancing drug rehabilitation affairs, encouraging drug addicts to willingly take drug rehab treatment in the city’s centers, conducting popularization, providing advice and alternative treatment with methadone; building typical model for offering advice and drug rehab treatment in the community; enhancing the application of IT in drug rehab treatment, management of drug users; taking measures to offer advice, support and rehab treatment to each target;
- Continuing operation of the post-rehab clubs, maintaining the number of members of the clubs; improving efficiency of the unions and associations, and making the volunteers to cooperate with families in order to support drug users after rehabilitation, and preventing them from readdiction.