This is part of efforts to realize conclusion of Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh at online conference on measures and missions to increase state management on sand, gravel exploitation and trade under Announcement 325/TB-VPCP dated July 25, 2017 of the Government’s Office. Accordingly, People’s Committees of cities and provinces under the Central Government are requested to take following actions:
- Review, amend and make new planning schemes on sand and gravel exploitation as the basis to license sand and gravel exploitation; ask for opinion of cities and provinces under the Central Government which share administrative boundaries and opinion of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
- Prepare, and approve measures to protect unexploited minerals as well as coordination process on unexploited mineral management for localities in adjacent areas; increase examination, request sand exploiting units to strictly follow legal regulations on buoys, demarcation of exploitation areas and information of exploitation areas, so that authorities and people can supervise their operation;
- Comprehensively check storage sites of construction materials; severely punish sites with the purpose of consuming illegal grand, gravel of unclear origin; closely cooperate with nearly localities in mineral management, especially sand and gravel exploitation; severely punish illegal exploitation sites of sand and gravel, and closely control storage sites of sand and building materials;
- Conduct information work and popularization of law on sand and gravel management among the people; increase inspection, examination and supervision over individuals and organizations dealing with sand and gravel exploitation; severely punish individuals, organizations and leaders of localities in case of illegal sand, gravel exploitation and trade;
- Request Party units, governments, Fatherland Front Committee units at all levels to increase leadership and supervision on sand, gravel exploitation and trade; request the Committees for Propaganda and Education to urge more popularization for fighting, preventing, detecting and preventing violations in the fields of sand and gravel exploitation; encourage enterprises to invest and develop materials to replace natural materials in construction.
In response to the document, Municipal People’s Committee requests the Department of Natural Resources and Environment in cooperation with Authority of Plan and Investment, Department of Finance, Department of Planning and Architecture, Department of Construction, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Transportation, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Industry and Ha Noi Department of Police to consider, finalize proposals and submit them to the Municipal People’s Committee to perform task under their authority.