According to the plan, the capital city strives to fulfill key targets, as follows:
- Online retail sales will reach 7% of total retail sales of consumer goods and services in the area (up 1% against last year);
- Maintaining the second rank of e-business index (EBI) throughout the country every year;
- 63% of internet users will participate in online shopping (up 3% against last year);
- 80% of supermarkets, shopping malls, modern distribution facilities install equipments for point of sale (POS);
- 60% of enterprises have their own portals, websites which regularly update commodity information;
- 80% of units supplying services of power, water, telecommunication will accept non-cash payments of consumers;
- 100% of state agencies will provide with online public services at level 3.
To get the above targets, the Municipal People’s Committee will implement 14 contents, such as: effectively operating websites “Shopping map in Ha Noi” at http://bandomuasam.hanoi. gov.vn to provide online search for shopping malls, food, tourism, entertainment services in the capital city; developing Logistics, network of transportation, delivery of commodities to serve e-business activities; promoting online services, including: tourism, reservation, airfares, train tickets, tours, etc; promoting e-business application to expand the market for agricultural products, food in the capital city; encouraging to set up websites, e-business applications for agricultural products and foods; establishing “Prestige markets for agricultural products, foods” to ensure the clear origin in network environment; enhancing quick response code or matrix-barcode application for product, good traceability to fight commercial fraud; instructing, supporting enterprises applying to apply e-business to boost the export; strengthening communication on e-business application on mass media; fighting, preventing crimes in e-business sector; organizing periodic inspection on e-business activities of some facilities in the capital city; enhancing handling of administrative violations in e-business sector as stipulated by law, etc.