The Municipal People’s Committee received Directive 6925/VT-BNN-KH dated August 18, 2017 of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on accelerating implementation and disbursement of public investment in 2017. Accordingly, in order to realize the Government’s resolution on measures, solutions to speed up implementation and disbursement progress of public investment, the Ministry requests People’s Committees of cities and provinces under the Central Government which are authorized to mange projects and project components, project owners, investors of projects and sub-projects to increase leadership, take comprehensive and drastic measures to speed up implementation and disbursement of public investment in 2017.
Accordingly, the People’s Committees of cities and provinces authorized to mange projects are responsible for following tasks:
- Proactively offering compensation and clearing sites for the projects according to approved schedule. The Ministry will consider transferring capital of projects with slow progress to other packages, projects or subprojects which meet the requirements for construction;
- Allocating reciprocal capital for ODA projects and subprojects according to schedule and signed agreement. The Ministry will transfer foreign investment which cannot be disbursed due to lack of reciprocal capital to other projects or subprojects with better progress;
- Direct investors and relevant units to closely supervise bidding according to regulations, ensure transparency, publicity and progress as committed;
- Check procedures of construction investment, eliminate unnecessary procedures;
- Urge investors of subprojects to speed up implementation and disbursement progress;
- Criticize leaders in case of violation.
The Municipal People’s Committee assigns Authority of Plan and Investment in coordination with Department of Finance, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, State Treasury of Ha Noi and relevant units to act as advisor to Ha Noi in implementing the instruction of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.