City to increase measures to prevent and combat production, transport, sale, storage and use of firecrackers (16:22 10/11/2017)
This is part of activities to strictly implement the Government’s regulation on management and use of firecrackers. Accordingly, the Chairman of Municipal People’s Committee directs Police Department to take following actions:
- Proactively build plans to prevent, combat and handle illegal production, transport, sale, storage and use of firecrackers, fulfill task of managing the production, import, export, transport, sale, storage and use of firecrackers in the city;
- Direct specialized sectors and police of districts, suburban districts and towns to comprehensively take professional measures, closely cooperate with relevant agencies and units to increase patrol, tighten control, detect, caught and severely punish violations of firecrackers, thus contributing to ensuring security and order, especially in the peak period of Lunar New Year holiday;
- Build and carry out plans on cooperating with Command of the Capital City, People’s Committees of districts and towns to protect social safety and order in venues of firework and festivals, cultural and historical sites and tourist attractions during the Lunar New Year holiday and important events;
- Direct the Police Investigation Agency in cooperation with the Ha Noi People's Procuracy and People's Court to conduct investigation and organize mobile courts before Lunar New Year holiday to deter further violations.
As standing agency of the Ha Noi Steering Committee 389, the Department of Industry and Trade shall perform following tasks:
- Direct Market Surveillance officers to closely cooperate with Ha Noi Police Department and police of districts and towns, increase popularization and examination, tighten control, prevent and detect illegal production, transport, sale, storage and use of firecrackers, and severely punish them according to the law;
- Act as advisor to the Ha Noi Steering Committee 389, instruct member agencies and steering committees 389 of districts and towns to encourage organizations, individuals and households to pledge for no production, transport, sale, storage and use of firecrackers in the area; cooperate with information and communications agencies to enhance information work, popularization and education of law on firecrackers management and use.
The Department of Education and Training in coordination with People's Committees of districts and towns instruct Sections of Education, school-boards of schools and educational establishments to implement popularization, encourage staff, teachers and students to strictly follow the State regulations on firecrackers management and use and pledge not to buy or use firecrackers.
The Department of Information and Communications in cooperation with the Municipal Party Committee's Commission of Propaganda and Education, Department of Culture and Sports give instruction, request Ha Noi Radio and Television and press agencies to increase information work and education to increase compliance with Decree 36/2009/ND-CP of the Government on managing, using firecrackers among the people.
The People's Committees of urban districts, districts and towns shall closely coordinate with the Police Department in managing production, transport, trade and use of firecrackers, and direct agencies, units and People's Committees of communes and wards to enhance All People Protect National Security Movement, build safe area, detect and report illegal production, transport, trade, storage and use of firecrackers.
Chairpeople of the Municipal Committee request heads of city’s agencies, units, People's Committees of districts and towns to instruct their subordinate agencies, strictly follow legal regulations, and take liabilities for violations.