Increase popularization and education for ethnic minority groups (29/11/2017)
HNP - The Ha Noi People’s Committee issued Decision No. 8137/QD-UBND dated November 24 on plan to realize the project “Increase popularization and education of law for ethnic minority groups and people in mountainous areas in Ha Noi in the 2017-2021 period”.
Accordingly, the popularization and education of law focus on following contents:
- The Constitution, laws and legal documents related to ethnic minority and mountainous areas in accordance with actual condition of the localities;
- Popularize laws among ethnic minority people and people in mountainous areas, raise their sense of law compliance, popularize the prohibited actions and punishments, rights and obligations of citizens, policies and laws on national defense and security, sense of responsibility to defend the country, crime and social evil prevention, anti-trafficking, domestic violence, environmental protection, resource protection, food safety, traffic safety.
- Encourage people to realize policies of the Party and the State on ethnic affairs, policies and national solidarity;
- Conduct in-depth popularization of ethnic affairs, especially poverty reduction and new-style rural area construction, policies on health, education, rural vocational training, preservation and promotion of cultural values, intangible and tangible culture values of ethnic minority area; promote the image of Vietnamese ethnic groups and introduce achievements in the filed of poverty reduction; attract development resources of international organizations for mountainous and ethnic minority areas;
- Conduct popularization; encourage ethnic minority people to be vigilant over the “peaceful evolution”, which takes advantage of national, religious issues, democracy and human rights to sabotage the Party and State;
- Refute the false allegations of the reactionary forces; consolidate the great national unity; improve peopele's awareness of sovereignty, border security and fight against child, women trafficking as well as illegal propaganda;
- Increase effort to understand thought and demand of the people in ethnic minority and mountainous areas.
It is expected that by 2020, all officers and civil servants of ethnic affair agencies at all levels will enjoy law popularization and education, and get up-to-date information about policies of the Party and laws of the State on ethnic affairs; the information work will be conducted in proper ways.
Over 90% of civil servants and officials responsible for law popularization and education will be kept informed, and provided with legal documents and training courses. Over 90% of people in ethnic minority areas of Ha Noi will enjoy popularization of law, and will be encouraged to improve their awareness of the Party and the State policies.
By Mai Phuong