Releasing a plan on developing IT industry in 2017 (20/04/2017)
HNP – The Ha Noi People’s Committee has just granted the Plan No. 86/KH-UBND on developing information technology (IT) industry in the capital city in 2017.
According to the plan, the capital city sets up specific targets, including:
- The revenue of IT industry will reach between 15-20 percent of the country’s total revenue, in which, software industry, digital content and IT services will record an increase of between 15-20 percent per year, and contribute between 20-30 percent to the country’s revenue;
- Improving competitiveness and striving to be in the list of 15 best cities attracting global software outsourcing;
- Starting the construction of the Research and Development Zone under the overall project on building the Ha Noi Software Park funded by the Central budget for the National Target Program on IT development for the 2016 - 2020 period;
- Receiving at least three IT start-up enterprises and organizing training courses on at least ten subjects per year to enrich basic skills for them.
- Developing concentrated IT zones to attract investment in Ha Noi’s software park and key digital contents in accordance with international standards, breakthrough models of IT industry across the country;
- Accelerating the building of some specialized items to serve research activities and development of IT products in the Ha Noi Software Park in 2017;
- Supporting and improving operation capacity, competitiveness of IT enterprises in the area;
- Building and effectively deploying models of Ha Noi innovative business incubator with modern technical facilities and leading experts to support IT start-up enterprises;
- Building regulations to evaluate, choose innovative schemes, projects, ideals in the IT sector and a legal frame to educate business administration to IT start-up businesses; connecting incubators across the capital city to create the capital’s creative start-up ecosystem;
- Supporting IT enterprises to research and develop their trademark, key products and commercialize IT products, such as: finance, technology and science, investment promotion, trade promotion, etc.
- Educating and developing IT human resource; supporting IT enterprises to take part in training programs of IT human resource held by the Ministry of Information and Communications and the Municipal People’s Committee; improving specialized knowledge, skills of enterprises, social and economic organizations on strengthening IT application in management, production, trade, e-commerce, use of online services, safety and security of information, etc;
- Deploying activities to connect investors, international enterprises to IT startups, etc.
By Tran Huong