The Municipal People’s Committee highlights anti-corruption as the key task, and urges agencies and sectors at all levels to increase effort, take measures for anti-corruption, enhance administration reform, detect and handle cases of corruption timely.
Policies and procedures are public and transparent; administrative procedures are reformed; management and use of state budget and state properties, allocation of capitals and revenues are publicized, along with norms and standards.
Agencies and organizations publicize information about their financial activities and internal expenses. The information is released according to legal regulations on anti-corruption. It creates favourable conditions for people, enterprises, and organizations to follow up information about operation of state agencies and supervise the agencies.
In 2017, the Municipal People’s Committee and city’s units review and issue regulations on policies, norms and standards in all fields. The departments, agencies, sectors, People’s Committees of districts and towns increase their effort to review the policies, norms and standards under their management, issue 175 new documents, supplement 56 ones, and conduct 310 inspections to check implementation of the policies, norms and standards.
The city also continues instructing departments, agencies, sectors, districts and towns to make plan and change working positions of the staffs according to Decree No.158/2007/ND-CP dated October 27, 2007 of the Government and Decree No. 150/2013/ND-CP dated November 1, 2013 on revising, supplementing some articles of the Decree 158/2007/ND-CP for anti-corruption. So far, the city has adjusted work positions of 655 civil servants and officials.
Ha Noi continues effort to realize Directive No. 33-CT/TW dated January 3, 2014 of the Politburo on increasing leadership of the Party for property declaration and management of property declaration. The city also develops project on improving quality of property declaration and management of property declaration.
The Municipal People’s Committee urges units to strictly realize Directive No. 20/2007/CT-TTg dated August 24, 2007 of the Prime Minister on paying salaries via bank transfer for those who receive salary from the state budget. So far, 98.38% of the agencies and units have paid employees’ salaries into bank accounts.
According to the Police Department of Ha Noi, so far, it has received 42 cases and 142 accused. After investigation, it proposed 22 cases (91 accused) to the Procuracy for prosecution. 20 cases (51 accused) are being investigated.
About 3,700 square meters of land and VND 3 million are withdrawn. In 2018, the city aims to take following actions:
- Further enhance implementation of Law on Anti-corruption, Conclusion No. 10-KL/TW dated December 26, 2016, Directive No. 50-CT/TW dated December 7, 2015, Directive No. 33-CT/TW dated January 3, 2014 of the Politburo, Directive No. 12-CT/TTg dated April 28, 2016 of the Prime Minister on increasing effort to detect and handle cases of corruption, Program No. 07-CTr/TU of the Municipal Party Committee on increasing anti-corruption, practising thrift and preventing wastefulness in the period of 2016 to 2020; conduct anti-corruption in association with realizing Directive No. 05-CT/TW dated May 15, 2016 of the Politburo on studying and following thoughts, ethics and lifestyle of President Ho Chi Minh, and Resolution of the 4th Central Party Committee on urgent issues on Party building in the current context;
- Continue effort to realize comprehensive measures on anti-corruption and reach the goal of preventing and gradually repelling corruption and wastefulness;
- Complete mechanisms, institutions, policies, laws in all fields, focusing on following areas: construction investment, management of land, natural resources, minerals, credit - banking, financial management, procurement of public assets, personnel affairs, management of state-owned enterprises;
- Increase publicity and transparency in state agencies and the accountability of cadres and civil servants, especially in policy making, legislation, process of preparation, submission and issuance of specialized decisions and documents;
- Reform wage policy and offer proper treatment to civil servants, especially the ones in specialized fields;
- Increase dissemination of anti-corruption law, education of politics, ideology and ethics for the cadres, civil servants and people; have proper communication strategy on corruption and anti-corruption;
- Continue implementation of Directive No. 10/CT-TTg dated June 12, 2013 of the Prime Minister on integrating anti-corruption into education program of educational and training establishments;
- Build and carry out anti-corruption plan for 2018; pay special attention to increasing transparency and publicity, enhancing effectiveness and capacities of state management in all areas; intensify inspection, examination, audit, investigation, prosecution and trial in an effort to prevent, detect and handle corrupt activities; strictly and promptly handle corrupt activities and thoroughly recover appropriated and lost properties of the State, collectives and individuals; strengthen work quality of anti-corruption agencies and organizations at all levels and branches;
- Promote the roles and responsibilities of the Fatherland Front, unions, social organizations, business associations, professional associations and the people, as well as the roles and responsibilities of press agencies, media, cadres, civil servants in anti-corruption; praise and recognize significant examples, and take measures to protect the denouncers, thus encouraging agencies, organizations and individuals to participate in the fight against corruption.