Increase leadership for citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement (14:13 14/11/2017)
After the Politburo issues Directive 35-CT/TW on increasing the Party’s leadership in citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement, the Ha Noi Party Committee promptly popularized content of the document, implemented it strictly, and issued documents in association with political tasks of the city. Special attention is paid to the efficiency of citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement.
From June 2016, Municipal People’s Committee leaders received citizens periodically at city’s Citizen Reception Section. The People’s Committee leaders received 1,745 arrivals of people; leaders of city’s agencies, districts, suburban districts and towns received 30,385 arrivals. Ha Noi administrative agencies received 110,615 arrivals of citizens, of which 1,576 groups of petitioners containing at least 15 people.
City’s administrative agencies received and handled 90,068 documents of citizens, including documents submitted directly at offices, via postal service or forwarded by superior agencies. They forwarded 3,093 cases to competent authorities for further processing, received and processed 11,287 cases according to the law, and guided petitioners to submit their receptions and complaints to competent authorities.
After handling the complaints and denunciations, VND 7,240 million, 90,636 square meters of land and 17 land use right certificates were withdrawn. VND 14,521 million and 29,678 square meters of land were returned to the people. 73 plans of compensation and support were supplemented for site clearance, and one apartment was allocated for resettlement. 85 collectives and 257 individuals were criticized, and six cases were reported to competent authorities for further investigation.
For the near future, Party units and government at all levels are asked to take following actions:
- Further carry out Directive No. 35-CT/TW dated May 26, 2014 of Politburo, Plan No. 123-KH/TU dated June 25, 2014, Directive No. 15-CT/TU dated December 26, 2016, Resolution No. 15-NQ/TU dated July 4, 2017 on building strong and transparent Party units, handling complicated issues of political security, social order and safety in communes, wards and towns of Ha Noi, Plan No. 167/KH-UBND dated September 15, 2014, Plan No. 23/KH-UBND dated February 6, 2017 of the Municipal People’s Committee, and increase responsibilities of agencies and sectors at all levels in citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement;
- Implement the Law on Citizen Reception, Law on Complaint and Law on Denunciation; enhance popularization and education of laws on citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement, as well as documents guiding implementation, policies of the State in the fields prone to complaint and denunciation like land, site clearance, and land regrouping, thus helping people understand and create consensus for the policies of Ha Noi and localities;
- Increase responsibilities of leaders of Party units at all levels, and mobilize the whole political system for citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement; strictly implement Decision 2200-QD/TU dated May 25, 2017 of the Party Committee on issuing regulation on meeting and dialogue between leaders of governments and Party units at all levels with Fatherland Front, political, social organizations and people of Ha Noi. Leaders of the governments and Party units governments and Party units increase dialogues with people when disputes occur, find out reasons, answer the questions and promptly handle problems;
- Improve quality of citizen reception and complaint, denunciation settlement, implement decision on handling complaints and denunciations; pay more attention to human resource training, improve quality of officers in charge of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement from city level to grassroots level; implement treatment policy for officers in charge of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement. State inspection agencies increase inspection, check responsibilities of leaders and officers of subordinate units, focusing on prolonged cases of complaint and denunciation occur, cases with crowded petitioners, low performance in complaint and denunciation settlement or low compliance with instruction;
- Enhance popularization and education to improve people’s sense of law compliance; increase popularization, encourage people to comply with the law and decisions of competent state authorities; handle cases of people using the right of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement to cause disorder, and apply severe punishment according to the law; promote the use of information technology in management of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement, connection and sharing of information and data, thus raising quality and seeding up progress of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement; promptly complete the database system of citizen reception, complaint and denunciation settlement from city level to district level to increase efficiency and leadership.